Dr. Soroush Habibi is the author of the book titled "Nutritional
Healing, Young Today, Young Tomorrow".
Dr. Habibi has been a practising physician for the last twenty-two
years with a passion for nutrition and disease prevention. His experience
goes beyond the borders of Australia extending to the Pacific Islands
and Asia. He is a member of Australian Medical Acupuncture Society.
He is also a member of the Australian College of Nutritional and
Environmental Medicine. He has been practising nutritional medicine
for the past 11 years. He is a dynamic speaker and regularly presents
seminars and workshops to doctors, companies and the public on topics
related to the importance of healthy living, the importance of nutritional
supplementation, mind power, stress management and the secrets of
contentment and success.
What do you achieve by attending these seminars/workshops?
At his seminars/workshops, Dr Habibi assists
you to become pro-active with your life, your thoughts and your
health and learn about the followings:
- Learn the secrets of healthy living
- Learn the secrets of disease prevention
- Learn the secrets of visualisation to increase your productivity
and achieve your goals
- Discover the secrets of anti-aging & antioxidants
- Discover the secrets of youthful vitality
- Discover the secrets of memory enhancement
- Discover the secrets of mind power and the subconscious mind
- Learn to look at problems as opportunities
- Learn to manage your stress more appropriately
- Learn the secrets of weight management and fitness
How do you personally benefit from the seminar/workshop?
- Your health will improve
- You will have more energy and vitality
- You reduce the risk of dying prematurely from heart attack,
cancer, stroke and diabetes
- You become more health conscious, eat better and exercise more
- You will be more content
- You will become more positive
- You will learn how to use Mind Power and subconscious mind to
- You will learn how to reduce your stress level and deal with
your stress more appropriately
- You will learn how to protect yourself against cancer
- You will learn how to protect yourself against aging
- You will learn how to enhance your memory
How does your company benefit from it?
- Your employees will enjoy all the above benefits
- Your employees will appreciate the company's vision
- Your productivity will improve
- Your employees' sick leave will decline
- You will have a happy and positive environment in the work place
- Your employees will stay longer with the company
Cancer, your worst enemy, how do we beat it?
Cancer is the third most common cause of death in Australia but
the second largest killer in USA. In Australia between 1990 and
1996 the incidence for all cancers (apart from non-melanocytic skin
cancers) rose for both sexes by 2.1% for males and 1.4% for females.20
More than two-thirds of cancers could be prevented by lifestyle
changes such as not smoking, a good diet and exercise.8
Diet accounts for about 35 per cent of all cancers.3
Nearly 80,000 new cases of cancer are diagnosed each year.9
This equates to an average risk of 1 in 3 men and 1 in 4 women
being directly affected by cancer. 4
In USA one in every three will die of a kind of cancer. Cancer
claims the life of more than 500,000 people a year.7
In USA 42% of men and 39% of women at some stage in their lives
are expected to develop cancer. The incidence of breast cancer is
11% and prostate cancer 12%.19
Despite all advancements in medical science and improvement in
treatment of some types of cancer, we are far from winning the war
What can nutritionally be done about cancer prevention?
Lots of things! Have a read of the two following studies.
Coenzyme Q10 and breast cancer
In this study 21 women with infiltrative ductal carcinoma (of the
breast) who underwent radical mastectomy were studied. The CoQ10
activity was measured in the tumour tissue and surrounding normal
tissue. The CoQ10 concentration was much higher in the surrounding
normal tissue. The study concluded that CoQ10 supplementation might
have a protective effect against breast cancer via free radical
Vitamin A and Cancer prevention
In a controlled study in USA, 89,000 nurses were studied for 8
years. Those who were given more than 6,630 IU of vitamin A per
day had a considerably lower incidence of cancer. The RDA level
is 5,000IU per day.6
- To promote optimal health via natural therapies
- To motivate people to perform better
- To develop stress management strategies
- To use Mind Power techniques to reach excellence in life
- To utilise the power of your subconscious mind to create health
- To educate people about the science of health and nutrition
in order to have more energy and vitality, to live longer and
learn the art of contentment
In the early 1900s, the world's major causes of premature death
were infectious diseases:
Today, the world's leading causes of premature death are degenerative
- Heart Disease - 11.6 million
- Cancer - 7.2 million
- Stroke - 5.1 million
- Diabetes - 600,000
Stress seems to be an inseparable part of our life. Ironically
we are so used to it, it is abnormal not to have it! We rush to
get to work, work longer hours, bring work home, meet the dead lines,
pick up the children from school, take them to their sport activities
or their piano lessons, rush back home to cook dinner for an over
worked, agitated, underpaid and stressed spouse. We are stressed
because there is no job security any more. We are stressed because
we want a bigger house, a better car and more money. We are stressed
because we live in this competitive world where material gain and
being number one is everything, even if we have a heart attack and
die for it. Have you had a friend, a relative, a colleague or a
neighbour die of heart attack due to stress? Have you noticed that
many stressed people age faster than others do? I certainly have.
Does this sound like a familiar state of affairs to you? I am certain
that some of us can relate to it. Obviously, there are many more
What is this stress doing to us? It is creating an exponential amount
of free radicals in our body constantly. In other words, the human
body, the only one we have is being bombarded by free radicals.
The end result will be oxidative stress and one of these days; one
may die young at age forty or fifty.
That is why in today's society people are dying prematurely of
heart disease, cancer, stroke and diabetes. There are other risk
factors, which will be discussed at the seminar.
Research indicates that these diseases are preventable? Are there
any studies to support this? You bet!
- Vitamin E and heart disease
There were 2002 patients with previous CHD (Coronary Heart Disease)
studied in a Double Blind Placebo Controlled (DBPC) style.
They took up to 800I.U. of vitamin E per day.
There was an amazing 75% reduction in heart attacks.
This was published by Stephen in the Lancet (1996; 347).
- Carotenoids and CHD (Coronary Heart Disease)
There were1899 patients with high lipid levels studied by Dexter
Morris Ph.D., M.D., et al, which was published in JAMA (Journal
of American Medical Association) 272 No.18, 1994. The study concluded
that those with high levels of carotenoids had less incidence
of CHD. This indicated that high carotenoid intake had protective
effect against CHD. However, smokers did not enjoy the same benefit
as non-smokers.50 This clearly demonstrates how bad
smoking is for us.
- Combination of Vitamin C & E in CHD (Coronary Heart Disease)
The majority of studies are based on single antioxidant evaluation
as multiple antioxidant studies create horrendous statistical
possibilities. However, in this study the two most common antioxidants
were combined. The National Institute of Health in USA, division
of aging, followed 11,178 people for 10 years looking at the effect
of vitamin C and E combined on the health of this elderly group.
These people were prescribed high doses of vitamin C & E above
the level found in multivitamins. The findings were reported in
the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 1996; 64: 190-196.
The result was amazing. There was 50% less death from heart disease
in the group taking antioxidants. There was also an incredible
60% drop in mortality from cancer.51
- Zinc supplementation is studied to reduce cold and respiratory
infections by 40%.
- Zinc also enhances the immune system and reduces the duration
of common cold.
- It has been shown that vitamin C supplementation reduces the
incidence of cold and flu and duration of them significantly.
- People with chronic sinusitis were tested and two out of three
had lower levels of antioxidants in the nasal tissue compared
to healthy individuals.
- Vitamin C and E reduces death from heart disease by 50%.
- Vitamin E 400-800 IU per day reduces heart attack by 75%.
- Selenium 200mcg a day reduces risk of prostate cancer by 74%,
colon by 60% and lung cancer by 30%
- The patients were given HGH (Human Growth Hormone) at the body's
natural rhythm. Eighty eight per cent showed improvement in muscle
strength; 80% of patients felt more energetic; 75%had better sexual
potency; 72 per cent lost fat; 70 per cent had better skin texture
and noticed loss of wrinkles. They were happier and emotionally
more stable people.19
- Folic Acid supplementation in patients with ulcerative colitis
has shown to reduce the risk of developing colorectal cancer.
In fact prescribing folic acid reduces the pre-cancerous lesions
of the colon by 28%. One mg of folic acid per day seems to decrease
the risk by 50%.7
What do these statistics mean to you?
- Your sick leave rate will drop by 40%
- If your employees catch cold they will recover more quickly
- You will have stronger immune system
- Death from heart disease will drop by 50%
- The rate of heart attack amongst your employees will drop by
- They will be protected against prostate cancer by 74%, colon
cancer by 50% and lung cancer by 30 %
- They will have 80% more energy